In order for technicians to be able to view and save attachments, including pictures of equipment needing service, to service calls in RemoteTech, there are a few different settings you must configure. The file attachment settings in e-automate must be set up and you must have the correct settings for the application pool user in IIS on the server where you have RemoteTech installed.
You must have the File Attachments option properly configured in e-automate. This option allows you to determine where your saved files are located. You can also set a maximum size for files you will allow your users to attach and set the number of revisions of the files your users attach that you want the system to retain. This allows you to lower the amount of hardware memory used.
1. From the e-automate Tools menu, select Options to open the Options window.
2. In the left pane of the window, double-click on Misc. options. The miscellaneous options are displayed in the right pane.
3. Click [File attachments options] to open the File Attachments window.
4. Enter the appropriate information in the following fields.
the Local network path field,
enter the path or browse to the path in which you want to store your
attachments. It is a requirement that the directory specified here
is accessible through your network.
Note: RemoteTech app pool user must have security to the folder specified in this path.
· In the Maximum file size in megabytes field, enter the maximum size of file you want to allow your users to attach. If you do not specify a file size maximum, users may attach very large files, taking up large amounts of hardware memory.
· In the Number of revisions to retain field, enter the number of revisions of the files you attach that you want the system to retain. Keep in mind that e-automate stores a completely different file for each revision, taking up hardware memory.
5. Click [OK] to save the file attachment settings.
In order for technicians to be able to view and save attachments to service calls, you must specify the application pool user in your Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager.
To specify the application pool user, do the following:
1. On the server where you installed RemoteTech, open Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager.
2. In the Connections region in the left pane, expand the Server menu.
3. Select Application Pools to display the Application Pools region to the right of the Connections region.
4. In the Application Pools region, select the application pool that RemoteTech is using. If you do not know what application pool RemoteTech is using, do the following: Otherwise continue to step 5.
a. In the Connections region, expand the Sites menu.
b. Expand the Default Web Site menu and select the one for RemoteTech.
c. In the Actions region on the far right, click on Basic Settings. The Edit Application window opens. The application pool that RemoteTech is using is found in the Application pool field.
d. Click [Cancel] to close the Edit Application window.
5. With the RemoteTech application pool selected in the Application Pools region, click Advanced Settings. The Advanced Settings window opens.
6. Locate Identity under the Process Model heading.
7. Click the [...] button in the Identity field. The Application Pool Identity window opens.
8. Select the Custom account option and click [Set]. The Set Credentials window opens.
9. In the User name field, enter the appropriate server admin user name, domain/username. This user must have rights to read/write from the server on which RemoteTech is installed to the attachments folder that is specified in the File Attachments options in e-automate.
10. In the Password field, enter the appropriate password.
11. In the Confirm password field, enter the same password.
12. Click [OK] to close the Set Credentials window and save the user name and password.
13. In the Application Pool Identity window, click [OK] to close the window.
14. In the Advanced Settings window, click [OK] to close the window.
the application pool still selected in the Application
Pools region of the Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager,
in the Actions pane on the
far right, click Recycle.
Doing so activates the process.
Note: If you receive an error when recycling, this means there is something wrong with the user name and password you entered.
If you are unable to view or add attachments in RemoteTech, one of the following may be the problem:
· The file attachment options in e-automate are not configured. For information on configuring file attachments see the E-automate Settings for Attachments section of this topic.
· The user does not have security to the network folder defined in the file attachment options in e-automate.
· If the user does have security to the network folder defined in the file attachment options in e-automate, change the file path to be a UNC path.